Putting a watermark on a photo is a way to link your name or business to an image. Currently, there are several programs and applications that allow you to insert your logo, either on your phone or on your PC, in a few steps. Look how simple it is.
On the cellphone
To insert the watermark on a photo on your phone, let's use the PicsArt app. Besides being free, it allows you to use both an image and a text, in a personalized way. Therefore, before following the step by step, it is necessary to download the application on your Android or iPhone device.
1. Open PicsArt and create an account or log in with your Gmail or Facebook user data;
- If you happen to see a suggestion to subscribe to the app, tap the X, usually located at the top of the screen to close the advertisement. The option to insert a watermark is available among the free resources of the service.
2. On the home screen, touch the + to start;
3. Touch the photo where you want to insert the watermark to select it. If you are not seeing it, go to All the photos to view all the photos available on your device;
4. Drag the toolbar at the bottom of the image to see all the functions. I touched Text;
5. Then write your name or that of your company. Tap the check icon (✔) when done;
6. Before you start editing, place the text in the desired location. To do this, touch and drag the text box.
- It is also possible to increase or decrease the text box and, consequently, the letter, by touching and dragging on the circles that appear on its edges;
7. Now, you must use the text editing tools to leave the watermark as you prefer. The following resources are available:
- Source: Offers different styles of letters. When you touch any, it is applied to the text inserted in the photo;
- Color: As the name implies, it allows you to change the color of the letter. Check that soon, there are still options to include gradient and texture;
- Tables: allows you to insert a border on the letter and choose its thickness (in the bar Quantity);
- Opacity: change the transparency of the text. This is an important feature so that the watermark is inserted in a subtle way, without disturbing the view of the photo;
- Shade: function to insert letter shading. It allows to choose a color for the shading, as well as to adjust its intensity and position;
- Good: inserts a curvature in the word or phrase, according to the angle defined in the bar To fold. Depending on the type of business you have, you can give your brand a relaxed touch.
8. After editing, go to the check icon (✔) in the upper right corner of the screen;
9. To save the result, tap the arrow icon in the upper right corner;
10. On the next screen, go to Save money and then Save to your device. The image will be saved in the Gallery or Library of your smartphone.
Insert image as watermark
PicsArt also allows you to insert your company icon instead of just typing your brand name. To do this, you first need to have your logo image in JPG in the gallery o Library cell phone.
So just follow the steps 1 to 3, indicated above. Then, on the tool tray, tap A. Photo. Select the desired file and confirm in Add.
As with text, you can adjust the position and dimensions of the inserted image by touching and dragging. To resize while maintaining proportions, we suggest that you choose the double-headed arrow icon.
Placed the logo, go to the option Opacity, available at the bottom of the screen. Reduce it to be transparent so that it doesn't disturb the main image, but is still visible. Complete the process with the verification icon (✔) at the top of the screen on the right.
To save the result, tap the arrow icon in the upper right corner and on the next screen go to Save money. Confirm the decision in Save to your device.
In the next tutorial, we will use the iLoveIMG website. The service allows you to insert watermarks in both images and text, as well as customize the size and opacity. User can also easily brand multiple photos at the same time.
1. Open the browser of your choice and access the iLoveIMG watermark tool;
2. Click the button Select images and choose the image in which you want to insert the watermark on your computer;
3. The process for inserting watermarks in images and text is similar:
A) In picture: If you want to insert an image such as your company logo, click Add image. Then choose the image on your PC.
SECOND) In the text: click on Add text. Write the desired text, such as your name or your brand. You can customize the following aspects of the lyrics:
- Source: Clicking Arial displays the other options;
- Size: available in the icon consisting of two letters T (Tt);
- Style: bold font (second), italic (yo) and underline (U);
- Background color: by clicking on the paint bucket icon;
- Letter color and remainder: available by clicking the letter icon UN
- Formatting: in the icon formed by three lines, it is possible to center or justify the text.
4. Then place the image or text box in the desired location by clicking and dragging. To resize, just click the circles at the edges and drag;
5. To adjust the opacity, click a square icon with squares inside. A bar will appear where you can increase or decrease the level of transparency;
6. If you want to insert the same watermark on other images, click the +, on the right side of the photo. Then select the other images on your PC;
- You can click on each one to see what the app will look like and will be adjusted individually, if necessary.
7. Click the button Watermark images;
8. Download the file at Download watermarked images. If you have inserted the watermark on multiple images at the same time, they will be downloaded to one file in .zip format.
If you want to work offline and are not willing to pay for an editing application, you can use Paint 3D. The program is native to Windows 10. If you have this version of the system installed on your computer, you probably have the software as well.
Unlike the previous options, it is not possible to change the opacity. So if you want a more subtle result, it may be better to use some of the solutions shown above.
1. Open Paint 3D;
2. click on Menu;
3. Then go to Insert and select the photo on which you want to place the watermark;
4. With the photo open in the program, click Text;
5. Click on the photo and enter the watermark text. In the right corner of the screen, you will see the options available for the text function. To apply them, first select the text with the mouse.
- 3D or 2D text- It will only make a difference if you are using the 3D View or Mixed Reality function;
- Font type, size and color;
- Text style: bold (N), italic (yo) and underline (S)
- Background fill- If you want the text to have a colored background. In this case, you need to select the desired shade in the box next to it.
6. To place the text where you want it, click and drag the box. To resize the text box, click and drag the squares located on the border;
7. When you click outside the text box or press the Enter key, the text is fixed where it was inserted and can no longer be edited;
8. To conclude, follow the path: Menu → Save As → Image. Choose the format in which you want to save and end with Save.
If you want to use your company logo, just do the steps 1, 2 and 3 and then repeat them, but this time, opening the logo image. Then simply make the adjustments indicated in the step 6 and save, as indicated in step 8.
- How to make letterheads in Word
- Best Free Video Editors for Mobile Devices
- 'Photoshop' Online: Best Free Photo Editor Alternatives