How do I know if a game is running on my PC? You can easily find out with the help of specialized tools such as the website Can I run it?. If you don't want your computer scanned, you can go to the traditional method of comparing specifications manually.
See below how to see if your PC is weak or will work fine to run the game.
With the help of a specialized website
There are some websites that specialize in comparing the specifications of your computer with the minimum requirements demanded by the main games on the market. OR Can I run it? is one of the most popular, being able to verify the configuration of your machine automatically.
1. Open the browser of your choice and go to Can I run it?
2. On the main page, you will see a search box in which you have to type the name of the game, such as, The Sims 4. If the game is available in the page catalog, it will appear in the list. Click on the name that appears to avoid a search error;
3. Then click on the button You can run it to do the research;
4. On the next page, the minimum and ideal requirements to run the game will be shown. In order for your PC to be analyzed, it is necessary to download a file that allows the website to verify the technical specifications of your machine. To do this, click the button You can run it to download the application from the website;
5. Open the executable file and keep the website page open. The program will automatically start to analyze your machine;
- Depending on the browser, the program will be displayed at the bottom of the screen when the download is complete. It will also be available in the download list of navigator and of course in the destination folder.
6. Diagnostic time can vary from a few seconds to minutes and the result will be displayed on the website page you kept open. It tells you if your machine has the minimum necessary requirements and also the recommended ones so that the game works without problems.
Other sites to find out if the game runs on PC
PCGameBenchmark allows you to manually enter your PC settings or download software that automatically analyzes machine specifications. Then just search for the name of the game.
Despite being specialized in EA titles, Game Debate has options from other developers. Like the previous tool, it allows you to manually enter data or download an application that collects information about the PC immediately. So, just search for the desired game.
Another way to find out whether or not a game will work on your PC is to manually compare the technical specifications of the PC with the minimum requirements required by the game. The solution may take a bit longer than through the websites, but it is also quite simple to do.
How to find out the PC specifications
You can discover the technical specifications of your computer in several ways. The simplest of them is by writing the term Msinfo32.exe in the Windows search box. Depending on the version of the system, the search tool is available in the toolbar or in the Start menu (by clicking on the Windows icon).
In the search result, click Msinfo32.exe to open. If you can't, you may need to Run as administrator. To see the option, just right click on the result.
In the window System information, on the left side bar, click System summary. You can view information about the operating system (1), processor (2) mi memory (3).
To check the storage, click Storage and then Units.
Anyway, to find out your video card model, click Components and then Exhibition. If your computer has a dedicated card and a built-in card, data on both types will be displayed.
Our guide View PC settings explains how to check the specs in detail on different versions of Windows. Ask if you want to know more information on the subject.
If you want to speed up the process, you can use the program Speccyby CCleaner. The free version can verify the hardware and provide the necessary information to see if a game is compatible with your machine.
Just download, install and click the button Run Speecy. Within seconds, data about the device is displayed, as shown below. In addition, the temperature of the CPU and video card is also reported.
Comparison with the minimum game requirements
Once you have the technical specifications of your computer in hand, simply check the minimum requirements necessary for the game to run on the machine. This information is usually available on developers' websites and on the platforms that host them.
On Steam, for example, the information can be found under the section About this game. In System Requirements, are the minimum and recommended requirements to use the game on PC.
In the case of Fifa 21, the following result is displayed:
An alternative is to use sites that meet the minimum requirements of the main games in one place. Just search by name to find what you want.
Can I Run It, PCGameBenchmark and Game Debate offer this data. Besides them, there is also the Game System Requirements page.
Minimum requirements x Recommended requirements
The minimum requirements indicate the hardware capable of running a game. However, it will perform better, such as smoother and better graphics, if the PC has the recommended specifications.
The operating system and required disk space do not vary between the minimum and recommended requirements. The RAM, the processor and the graphics card are the components that can vary greatly from one to the other.
- The best and lightest Android emulators to play on weak PCs
- Screen recording options for weak PC
- How to connect your phone to a non-smart TV in 5 different ways