Backgammon: how to play step by step? 💡
To play backgammon online for free, just follow these step by step instructions:
Step 1: . Open your preferred browser and go to the game's website Emulator.online.
Step 2: . As soon as you enter the website, the game will already be displayed on the screen. Just click on "To play" and you can start playing, choose to play against the machine or play with a friend.
Step 3. Here are some useful buttons. Can "Add or remove sound", Press the button "Reproduce"and start playing, you can"Pause"And"Restart" anytime.
Step 4. Get all the pieces off the board before your opponent.
Step 5. After completing a game, click "Restart" to start over.
Backgammon meaning : )
The word Backgammon is the name given to games that consist of a board of tiles of different shapes and colors, which requires to be organized in a flat surface, usually a board, hence its name.
According to the rules, which are different for each game, one or more people can participate. While some games require participants to use tactical or strategic reasoning, coordination, manual dexterity, memory, deductive ability, or other skills, other games are simply pure chance, winning or losing.
By its nature, games generally do not involve physical activity, although some involve the table and carry out activities outside of it. Board games are usually grouped into different categories according to its special characteristics.
These are some examples of them.
- Those who use dice: They are games that they use dice or pieces that are equivalent to them, such as Tauli, Ludo, Parks, Backgammon, Snakes and Ladders among others.
- Those who they use tokens: They are also used games that use tokens as the main element. Examples of this type of games are as domino or the mahjong.
- Traditional board games: These are games that are played on a board, such as the family games of the chess (Western chess, Xiangqi or Shogi "Chinese chess" or "Japanese chess", the Janggi or "Korean chess" or Makruk, also called "Thai chess"), Ladies, Chinese chess, Hnefatafl (German family board games), Mancala (family board games and Surrta.
- Contemporary board games: Although it does not clearly distinguish between the so-called "board games", these games are also so called because in the vast majority of cases it uses a feature for the development of its games. In fact, the Brazilian world designates war games popularly the term "war games" is a literal translation.
- Multiplayer games: They can also be attached in some cases more than three players, but they regularly play two. Among them are the jtraditional card games, either with a French or Spanish deck; or card games like Hanafuda, which is traditional in Japan.
A modern and commercial variant of card games, are the collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh!.
They were created in the mid-1970s. They are games in which the role of someone else usually puts players in specific situations that allow them to pass tests to achieve a certain goal that they are interpreted.
In fact, The characteristic of Backgammon is the role play and not the use of a table. Dungeons & Dragons is a backgammon genre called heroic fantasy, but it soon hits the market, inspired by the appearance of other backgammons belonging to many other genres such as westerns, buck sex, science fiction, space opera, gothic horror, humor, espionage, piracy, etc.
Backgammon History 🤓
Name Backgammon derives from the word gamen (from medieval English), which means game.
The games of the Backgammon family were one of the first games to emerge. Most of them involve rolling the dice or some equivalent object like shells, seeds, or toothpicks.
This family includes several prominent games, including Senet (a copy of the game was found in Tutancamon's tomb), Nyout (Korean game), Patolli (possibly the favorite game of the Aztecs), Pachisi (Indian national game, with more variants) in Ludo and Chispa) and the Game of the Goose (European game that became popular in the XNUMXth century).
It can be said that Backgammon is the result of many transformations and evolutions, as well as many other ancient games that have survived to this day. Its origin may be related to the ancient Sumerian and Egyptian civilizations. Panels not so dissimilar to modern ones were found in tombs in the Nile Valley in Egypt, as well as in the buried environs of Ur in Mesopotamia.
Before 800, a game called Nard appeared in Persia. Surely the Arabs already knew the game, as well as other games, when they conquered Persia in the XNUMXth century. The Persians, in turn, had learned these games from the Hindus, who may have known them through the Chinese. But it was the Arabs who raised these games to such a level of importance that they wrote the first books about them. The Nard and its variants are found in many places in Asia.
It seems that the Nard game was introduced in Europe by the Arabs, and in a mix with the Tabula game it resulted in a new version. 30 pieces were used on a 24-point board, the movement being defined by 2 dice.
In a short time the new game became popular, competing with chess for the first place among the nobles, a place later occupied by card games.
In the seventeenth century appeared a new variant that, along with component improvements, led to a revitalization of the game and its spread throughout Europe. He became known in England as Backgammon, in Scotland as Gammon, in France as Trictrac, in Germany as Puff, in Spain as Tablas Reales and in Italy as Tavole Reale.
In the period immediately before World War II there was a gambling fever. One of the reasons was an innovation made by an American in 1925, the possibility of doubling the value of the points played. But again, the game went into decline.
In the 1970s, unexpectedly, became popular again, to the point that today it is easy to find to buy both components and manuals. In the Middle East, Trictrac has maintained its popularity and is widely played in Lebanon and its neighboring countries.
Material to play Backgammon💡
To play Backgammon, you need 2 participants, a backgammon board, 15 black tiles, 15 white tiles and two classic 6-sided dice, with 24 triangular houses grouped from 6 to 6 and divided into 4 parts.
- Players <p>2019<p>
- Pieces or stones - 15 black, 15 white
- Dashboard - 24 interlocking colored houses grouped from 6 to 6 and divided into 4 parts
- Objective: Eliminate all the tiles from the board before the opponent.
Backgammon game rules📏
Here is a quick summary of the Backgammon rules:
- Set the first player by rolling the dice
- Move parts based on the values taken from the data
- Data equality allows double moves
- It is not allowed to move your pieces to houses with more than two opposing pieces
- If the target house only has one opponent piece, it can be captured
- Start to remove your pieces from the board when they're all in the last quadrant
The game of backgammon is a traditional board game, where the winner is the one who manages to remove all his pieces from the board first.
But if you need to read the complete rules, We leave them below.
Definition of the first player
Before starting the movement of the pieces it is necessary define who will be the player to play.
To define who starts the game of backgammon, each player must roll 1 die. Whoever gets the highest value will be the first to play. In the event of a tie, the dice are released again until the first player is defined. The latter must take the first step, using the value of the dice that they would play first.
Example: Player A rolls a die and gets the value 5; player B rolls a die and gets the value 5 as well; player A rolls a die again and now gets the value 4; player B rolls a die and gets the value 6; Player B will be the first to play with the values of dice 4 and 6 (values of the last dice played by players A and B).
Moving parts 🧩
After the stage of defining who starts the backgammon match, each player, in turn, must roll 2 dice and move your pieces according to the data values.
Every player always move the pieces in one direction, one clockwise and the other counterclockwise.
If the current player cannot make valid moves with the values obtained on the dice, the latter will pass the turn.
The target house of a piece can never be one that already has 2 or more opponent's pieces. If the target house has only 1 opposing piece, it is captured, leaves the board and goes to the "bar".
When a player has one or more captured pieces, he can only make rescue moves, that is, moves that remove your captured pieces from the bar and place them in a house, always obeying the rule that the target house cannot contain more than 1 opposing piece.
If a player rolls the same values on his 2 dice, he has the right to make 4 moves with the dice values instead of the usual 2 moves.
Removing pieces from the board
A player can only start removing his pieces from the Backgammon board when they are all in the lower quadrant (also called the inner section). To remove a piece, the player must roll the amount equal to the number of squares remaining on the dice. If you get a higher value than you need for the farthest pieces, you should remove those pieces. Example: If the furthest pieces require a 4 to be removed and the player takes a 6, he can remove any of these pieces from the board.
The winner of the game is the player who removes all his pieces from the board before the opponent.
Tips for playing Backgammon🤓
- Avoid leaving only one single piece in the houses
- If you need to leave a piece alone, try to keep it as far away from the opponent's piece
- Keep your opponent's final house closed
- Occupy as many houses as possible